Highland Park Hospital
Highland Park Hospital, 777 Park Avenue West, Highland Park, IL 60035
Highland Park Hospital was established in 1918. It has provided healthcare to the people of Lake County and beyond for 100 years. In fact, Highland Park Hospital is the site of the first open heart surgery ever performed in Lake County and is a key partner in brining important healthcare programs to the area. Like Evanston Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital and Skokie Hospital, Highland Park Hospital is a teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. It is part of the NorthShore University HealthSystems.
Highland Park Hospital being part of the NorthShore University HealthSystems has the advantage of all types and varieties of medical specialties, including cardiovascular care, breast cancer care, nuclear medicine, mammography, radiology, labor and delivery, fertility, occupational health and a cancer center.
In 2014, Highland Park Hospital and NorthShore University HealthSystems asked the state permission to spend $74 million to modernize the hospital. Underlying that request was competition with nearby Lake Forest Hospital which is now part of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare.
Highland Park Hospital has 149 beds. Highland Park Hospital joined NorthShore University Medical in 2000. Highland Park Hospital’s Kellogg Cancer Center has facilities to offer care to oncology patients in Lake County, Illinois. The hospital also offers patients a stroke center. Highland Park Hospital features a new ambulatory care center and wound care center.
The hospital’s website is: www.northshore.org/locations/our-hospitals/highland-park-hospital/.