Chicago Medical Malpractice & Injury Lawyer Robert Kreisman
With more than 37 years of experience in litigating personal injury, medical malpractice, car accidents, product liability, birth injury and wrongful death cases, Kreisman Law Offices offers top notch representation for persons severely injured by the negligence of others.
Robert Kreisman is one of the most experienced medical malpractice and personal injury lawyers in Chicago. Martindale Hubbell, the national lawyers rating directory, has awarded Robert D. Kreisman its highest Peer Review rating of "AV" for his successes and expertise.
We pride ourselves in the dedication to our clients. No case is too complex. In our practice, communication is paramount. As Illinois injury lawyers, we believe in a client-focused approach and our goal is to communicate with our clients about every aspect of the case. We strive to achieve the highest and best results for each of our cases. Our personal injury law firm welcomes the opportunity to represent our clients in the most difficult of circumstances.
Kreisman Law Offices has been successful in medical malpractice & injury cases in Chicago, Illinois and nationally. While our practice is located in Chicago, Illinois, and our cases are principally in the Illinois counties of Cook, Lake, Will, McHenry, Kane, Winnebago, DuPage and Kankakee, we have represented clients nationally, from California to South Carolina and all places in between.
CAR ACCIDENTS - Kreisman Law Offices has successfully handled hundreds of cases for individuals and families who have been injured or died in car accidents. Our firm takes each case as a unique fact setting. Our investigation of each case is thorough and ongoing throughout the process, up to and through a jury trial. We have achieved some of the highest settlements possible. We have more than 38 years of experience dealing with all of the obstacles placed in the way of achieving the best the results. We have the experience to understand the nuances of Illinois traffic and safety laws as well as a wealth of knowledge dealing with insurance companies. Kreisman Law Offices maintains continual updates of the case progress to our clients.
TRUCK ACCIDENTS - Kreisman Law Offices has been handling truck accident cases for all of the last 38 years. These cases require immediate and thorough investigation of the vehicles, the scene, the witnesses, the applicable state and federal law and experienced lawyers who know what documents, materials and data must be preserved in order to best serve an injured client. That means that the investigation begins at the moment the client retains us to help. We send our top-notched investigative team to the scene of the accident to interview the client, the witnesses and police and retrieve records that may be available at the site. We will photograph, videotape and reconstruct the crash. We will retrieve the defendant trucker’s “black box” that contains the valuable data on speeds, braking, time and more. Kreisman Law Offices is the right choice for a truck accident injuring persons in truck-auto crashes.
WRONGFUL DEATH - Kreisman Law Offices is handling the wrongful death or deaths of an individual in automobile, truck, medical, nursing and birth injury cases or in any negligence case where a person dies because of such tortious acts. We have been handling these cases for more than 38 years. Illinois operates under the Illinois Wrongful Death Act (740 ILCS 180/ et seq.) for cases like this. When someone who is next-of-kin dies because of the negligence of another, this Act may apply. The personal representative of the decedent’s spouse or next-of-kin would bring the lawsuit in his or her name for the benefit of those who survived. The Wrongful Death Act allows the next-of-kin, blood relatives, to recover for the death. The next-of-kin would be the same persons who inherit property from a decedent who died without a will. The recovery is not an asset of the decedent’s estate, but for the loss suffered by the survivors of the person who wrongfully died.
NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE - Illinois nursing home residents are protected by both state and federal law from abuse, neglect and physical and mental harm. Illinois operates under the Illinois Nursing Home Care Act (210 ILCS 45/1, et seq.), which serves to protect the elderly and infirm from injury and harm when residing in an Illinois nursing or long-term care facility. The Act is enforced by the Illinois Department of Public Health who oversees nursing facilities by inspecting them for deficiencies and answering to the public’s call for help in the event something that should have been prevented occurs, injuring a resident while residing at an Illinois nursing or long-term care facility. All private or public facilities that meet the definition of a long-term care facility under the Nursing Home Care Act are required to follow its guidelines and protect the residents of these facilities from abuse, neglect and injury. Kreisman Law Offices has been successfully handling nursing home abuse and neglect cases for more than 38 years.
PRODUCTS LIABILITY - In Illinois there are three possible areas that fall within the law of product liability: 1) breach of warranty; 2) strict tort liability; and 3) negligence. Where a product is sold and it does meet or match the promised expectations and causes harm to the user, a breach of warranty of merchantability may apply. That would be the case where a consumer buys an over-the-counter dietary supplement that is promoted to reduce weight, but instead contains dangerous compounds that can cause liver failure. In that fact example, the injured person could also claim that the product was made and marketed in such a way that the consumer could not have known of the dangers and thus could bring a lawsuit for the injury claiming not only breach of warranty, but strict tort liability. In these cases the cause of injury is expected or predictable and the defendant maker, marketer or the product cannot defend the case by claiming it did not know of the dangers. The injured person in a strict tort liability case does not have to prove that the defendant was negligent in any way. It will be proved by the injured person that the product was unreasonably dangerous when it was distributed or was designed so dangerously as to injure others. In other words the product did not perform in the way it was designed or said to perform by its makers and that was unreasonably dangerous to consumers.
In cases where the product was made negligently, the injured party has to prove that the manufacturer and designer were negligent when it or they made the product that caused the injuries or were negligent in designing the product that caused injury.
Kreisman Law Offices has been handling product defect cases in cases of defective machinery, drugs, automobiles, trucks, dietary supplements, medical devices like hip and knee replacements, surgical products and tires, brakes.
As a medical malpractice and injury law firm, we will fight for your legal rights and achieve justice for you. Our cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means that the client pays nothing unless there is a recovery. We engage America's best experts for the nuances of each of our cases and utilize state of the art technology to present our cases to juries in the most effective way. Kreisman Law Offices has the know-how and resources to obtain justice for you.
Kreisman Law Offices has successfully handled a variety of personal injury cases including medical malpractice, wrongful death, birth injury, brain injury, truck accidents, car accidents, nursing home abuse and neglect cases and others.
Our recent successes include:
- $3 million settlement after jury trial in product liability case for the death of three family members
- $2.86 million verdict for 33 year old roofer in leg amputation / medical malpractice case
- $2.5 million truck accident; leg amputation of truck driver
- $2.1 million medical malpractice settlement - brain tumor death of 50 year old woman
- $2.1 million settlement for World Trade Tower survivor of the 9/11 attacks
- $2.1 million settlement for the death of a user of the pharmaceutical product, Meridia
- $2 million settlement for dietary supplement, Hydroxycut injury case
- $850,000 settlement for failure to diagnose lung cancer
- Wrongful death of unborn child results in settlement after dying in automobile accident
Kreisman Law Offices has the experience and resources to bring about a positive resolution to your case. And with our client-focused approach to law you know you are our main priority. For a free consultation contact our offices at (312) 346-0045 or (800) 583-8002, or contact us online.
- $13,000 Cook County Jury Verdict for Pedestrian Hit by Backing Car in Chicago's West Loop On March 13, 2011, Maria Ruth Garcia was walking northbound across Adams Street midblock near Des Plaines Street in Chicago when she was struck by the
- Former U.S. Senator John Danforth Cuts Ties to St. Louis Law Firm Over Conflict with Banking Client Former Republican U.S. Senator John Danforth has left the St. Louis law firm of Bryan Cave because of a high-profile case that involved a $77 million
- Illinois Appellate Court Finds That Condition Precedent to Demand Arbitration was Missed In August 2005, Trustgard Insurance Co. and G.A. Crandall & Co. came to an agreement that allowed Crandall to sell certain types of Trustgard
- Pathologist Missed Cancer in Brain Tissue Leading to Patient Death and $1.7 Million Illinois Jury Verdict On March 21, 2007, Daniel Gapinski underwent neurosurgery at OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Ill. The surgery was for resection of the brain
- Illinois Appellate Court Orders New Trial After Inconsistent Medical Malpractice Jury Verdict In a strange but interesting medical malpractice case, the jury entered a verdict in favor of the plaintiff without awarding a single dollar for
- $6.6 Million Jury Award to Patient Who Suffered Paralysis from his Chest Down Because the Doctor in the Emergency Department Chose Not to Notify the Patient of Test Results Indicating Systemic Blood Infection HW was 44 years old and had a history of heroin abuse. He developed severe back pain and then went to a local hospital's emergency room telling the
- Illinois Jury Finds in Favor of Nursing Home when Resident is Injured Falling from Wheelchair Frank Hegyi, 91, was a hospice care resident with dementia at the defendant Fair Oaks Health Care Center in Crystal Lake, Ill. On June 10, 2008, he
- Nursing Home Lawsuit Resulting in a Resident's Death for Delayed Transfer to Hospital Rosemary Jackson was a resident of the defendant's Nature Health Trail Center in Mount Vernon, Ill., where she was rehabilitating after a colonoscopy
- $500,000 Jury Verdict Against Hospital for Failure to Prevent Bedsores to Patient Salvador Palmieri was 86 when he underwent heart surgery and then experienced complications, which necessitated prolonged hospitalization in his
- Illinois Appellate Court Decision Clarifies Motions to Dismiss Under Illinois' Code of Civil Procedure §2-619 Illinois lawyers are often confused by the application of attacking motions under two distinct motion practice sections — the Illinois Code of
- $8.45 Million Jury Verdict for Brain Damaged Baby Caused by Delayed Delivery H.D. was admitted to a hospital in labor. The nurses and midwife observed H.D. throughout the night without any notable changes. However, early the
- $1.25 Million Settlement in Death of Baby After Failure to Diagnose Fetal Distress In a confidential settlement, the parties agreed to $1,250,000 for the unfortunate death of a newborn infant. In this case, before the mother's
- Illinois Appellate Court Affirms $1.5 Million Jury Verdict for the Death of a Man Killed by Fall in Elevator Shaft In July 2009, Clarence Walker was trying to gain access to a broken elevator at 365 W. Oak St., Chicago, Ill., from the third floor of what was then
- $1,400,000 Judgment Entered by Court for Unpaid $20,000 Promissory Note In a business loan case, the plaintiff Dr. Parnel E. Desir claimed that he loaned $20,000 in May 2010 to help finance the nursing home corporation
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Agrees to $2.4 Billion Settlement Resolving Thousands of Bladder Cancer Cases Takeda Pharmaceutical is a Japanese company that has been defending as many as 9,000 lawsuits or claims for individuals who were taking the medication